THE ALAMEDA COUNTY SEX RING IS FINALLY BUSTED (SLIGHTLY) THE LAKIREDDY & CO. PAGE
Archive as of 2/2/00
REDDY AND HIS SON FACE NEW FEDERAL CHARGES.
Reporter Ryan Kim of the San Francisco Examiner, in the late edition on February 2, 2000 reported that Lakireddy Reddy and his son Vijay Reddy face new federal charges:
"A federal grand jury dramatically upped the ante on a Berkeley landlord and his son, handing down multiple indictments against the pair for allegedly smuggling immigrants from India into the United States for menial labor and, in the father's case, for sex.
Lakireddy Bali Reddy, 62, who remains free on $10 million bail, was charged Tuesday with eight counts of bringing immigrants into the country illegally. Reddy's son Vijay Kumar Lakireddy, 30, was also named in two of the illegal immigration counts in addition to being indicted on one count of visa fraud, according to the court records."
Read the article at: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/examiner/archive/2000/02/02/NEWS3984.dtl
VIJAY REDDY RELEASED ON $500,000 BAIL.
Today, 1/28/00, Magistrate Judge Brazil released Vijay Reddy, son of Lakireddy Reddy on One Half Million Dollars bail.
Vijay Reddy faces one count of violation of 8 US Codes section 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) and 18 U.S.C. Section 2. "Between on or about April 2, 1999 and January 14, 2000, in the Northern District of California and elsewhere, the defendant VIJAY KUMAR LAKIREDDY did encourage and induce aliens to come into, enter and reside in the United States..... Penalty: up to 5 years’ incarceration, a term of supervised release of 3 years, a fine of $250,000, and a $100 penalty assessment."
EIGHT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LAKIREDDY AND VIJAY REDDY CASES? CALLING INS! CALLING FBI! ARE YOU THERE?
The old inspector has a couple of questions.....
1) What is Jay Construction and with whom are they doing business? The Affidavit in support of the Criminal Complaint against Vijay Kali Reddy, signed by Donald B. Henley, Special Agent, INS, filed 1/21/00 in U.S. District Court states:
"1) On or about February 17, 1998, the Investigations Branch of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in San Francisco, California, received a lead from the Headquarters Investigations Branch of INS, which had received an anonymous letter. The letter stated that an individual by the name of Lakireddy Bali REDDY, who resides in Berkeley, CA who is approximately sixty (60) years old, and owns Pasand Restaurant, and Reddy Realty, and Jay Construction, was filing fraudulent H-1 (Skilled worker) visas and H-4 (Dependent) visas for nationals of India, including juveniles, to come to the U.S. for employment-based non-immigrant visas from India, and these Indian nationals eventually work at the Pasand Restaurant. I am aware from this investigation that VIJAY KUMAR LAKIREDDY is Lakireddy Bali REDDY’S son."
2) WHAT IS ACTIVE TECH SOLUTIONS AND WITH WHOM ARE THEY DOING BUSINESS? WHAT IS THE LAKIREDDY’S CONNECTION TO THE INS OFFICE IN VIRGINIA?
The January 21, 2000, affidavit, identified in Paragraph 2 above, states:
"8) A check of various state and Federal systems shows that there have been at least twenty-one (21) applications filed on behalf of Active Tech Solutions for Temporary Work visas. I have reviewed files from the I.N.S. Western Adjudication Center, which handles visa applications from the state of California and elsewhere, and determined that at least nine (9) Petitions for Non-immigrant workers were submitted on behalf of Active Tech Solutions. All nine applications were signed by Vijay Kumar LAKIREDDY. (The application for Venkatesware VEMIREDDY was sent to an INS office in Virginia, so I have not been able to review his file yet.) The California State Employment Development Department faxed me a copy of the Wage and Earnings forms (DE6s) for Active Tech Solutions, which show that, since January 1, 1998 there have only been one to four employees on the payroll of Active Tech Solutions."
3) WHY IS VIJAY LAKIREDDY CHARGED WITH IMMIGRATION OFFENSES WITHIN THE NARROW TIME PERIOD OF APRIL 3, 1999 TO JANUARY 14, 2000?
4) WHY WERE NON-CERTIFIED INDIAN INTERPRETERS, SOME OF WHOM KNEW REDDY PERSONALLY, INITIALLY USED TO INTERROGATE THE VICTIMS IN THE REDDY CASE?
5) WHY DID THE INS FIND NO WRONGDOING REGARDING LAKIREDDY REDDY IN ITS 1997 INVESTIGATION?
6) WHO WROTE THE ANONYMOUS LETTER WHICH CONVINCED THE INS TO BEGIN A NEW INVESTIGATION?
7) WHY WERE TWO BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS THE FIRST TO BREAK THE STORY AFTER ONE WOMAN DIED OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING IN REDDY'S DEFECTIVE APARTMENT? WAS THE LOCAL PRESS AFRAID TO BREAK IT, COVERING IT UP, PLAYING POLITICS, OR ASLEEP?
8) WHAT KIND OF INS AGENTS ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT REDDY'S COMPANY QUALIFIED FOR "SKILLED WORKER" VISAS? WHAT INS AGENTS HANDLED THE PAPERWORK AND INTERVIEWS? WERE NO SERIOUS QUESTIONS EVER ASKED? REDDY'S COMPANIES ARE NOT HIGH TECH COMPANIES WHICH USUALLY USE SUCH VISAS.
THE OLD INSPECTOR IS CHASING THE MONEY, HONEY!
A GET OUT OF JAIL FOR CHEAP TICKET FOR LAKIREDDY REDDY! FEDERAL MAGISTRATE WAYNE D. BRAZIL RELEASES LAKIREDDY REDDY ON 10 MILLION BAIL. DID JUDGE BRAZIL’S GOOD OLD CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND CORRUPTION INSPIRE BAIL, WHICH TO REDDY, IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET? CLICK FOR BREAKING NEWS BEHIND THE BENCH!